Sunday, August 02, 2009

Charles Urban's Birthday

My birthday was fun. On the Friday before my birthday, July 17, Mary took me to Red Lobster. We had a nice meal. Then, on my birthday, July 18, we went to a nice restaurant called Suzy B's. It is next door to our optometrist, or eye doctor. We had a nice breakfast. Later on I opened presents and your mother and Samuel gave me a Wii. We were supposed to go to Hershey park, because your mother has free tickets. We did not go yet. We need to go soon.

Well, July 23, 24 and 25 was Samuel's first youth conference. Our stake does not have very many youth. What they have are some good people though. This was Sam's first time to a church dance. I don't know many details. I don't know if he will share any details; so far, not so much. Here is what I know. The first night was a casual dance. Samuel was eager to get there. The dance seemed interesting. All the people at the dance received a cup full of glow-in-the-dark paint. In light, you couldn't see it very well, but it seemed to be gooey and hard to wash off. The leaders asked all the participants to bring swim goggles. They wore this as protection. Samuel brought his swim goggles. The game was to paint other people. It got messy. They wore these tee-shirts with the letters BTE, meaning be thou an example. The t-shirt glowed in the dark because of the paint. I suppose it is easier to let a girl paint you than to dance with her.

The next night, Friday night, was the formal dance. A girl who was taking pictures of the youth conference was taking pictures of a group of girls. Since Samuel was the first boy to show up, the girl taking pictures asked him to come over. So, there he was sitting in the middle of this group of girls. At the end of youth conference, this girl that took the pictures created a presentation with music added to the many pictures and this picture with Sam was in it.

I don't know much else that happened. I don't think he got anyone's phone number though. However, the parents are the last to know.

My cholesterol level is good. I got some results recently. We have been eating well. I have not been exercising very much. I need to do that. The Wii helps me do some light work. Early on I was able to beat Sam in some of the Wii sports. But now, he is much better than me in all of them, except maybe bowling.

Elaine's sister, Georgia Malquist gave me a gift certificate to Target. I bought some microwave equipment. One is an omelet cooker; another is a bacon cooker and another is a popcorn cooker. I have used popcorn cooker several times.

No comments:

Post a Comment