Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Sam and his Dad

Sam and I had a race recently on the track for 110 meters.  The first time, he ran it in 22.7 seconds and I ran it in 24 seconds.  Then we bought Samuel some track shoes with spikes.  We raced again.  This time he ran the 110 yards in 19 seconds and I ran it in 25 seconds.  He left me so far behind that I got discouraged and slowed down.

At work we have had lots of lay-offs.  However, it looks like we may have turned the corner.  Our company lost money in December and January; broke even in February and made money in March.  April is looking similar to March.  Last week, our company had left over Pirate Baseball tickets.  I claimed the ones for last Wednesday.  We went and watched the Houston Astros beat the Pirates 4 to 1.  It was a cold night, it even sprinkled a little snow.  Sam was on TV, he was wearing his cowboy hat.

Sam and I got haircuts this week.  Carolyn had her birthday on Friday. Sam has his birthday this Wednesday.  Next Sunday, he will become a teacher.  He has one item still to do on his Deacon Duty to God.  He needs to read three more church magazines from cover to cover.  

No comments:

Post a Comment